Taylor Tall's Fair Trade Gift Guide
Happy Holidays! As we enter the biggest shopping & gift giving time of year, we want to encourage you to shop small and shop consciously this season. The easiest way to approach this is to start with at least one qualifier—local, woman owned, BIPOC owned, fair trade, organic, sustainable, zero-waste, etc.
To help you get started, we’re highlighting a couple of our favorite fair trade brands that you can shop both online and in-person at the Chicago Fair Trade Holiday Pop-Up Shop. The pop-up is located at 5228 N. Clark St. in the Andersonville neighborhood and is open through December 24th.
It features over two dozen fair trade businesses, all local to Chicago and over 90% women owned. The products range from hand poured candles and alpaca wool socks to artisan made jewelry and sustainable clothing, all at various price ranges. For more info on the pop-up, watch the short segment on Fox32 here.
Taylor Tall has a booth at the pop-up, and Taylor will be there in person this Friday, November 26th, from 2:45 PM to 7:15 PM. Skip the craziness of black Friday and come shop our ready made items while getting a free styling session with Taylor. You can get the rest of your gift buying done with the other amazing businesses in the shop!
Here are some of our favorite brands that are also featured at the pop-up:
Hand poured soy-wax candles that empower young moms and their kids.
- Bright Endeavors has a 16-week paid training program to help young moms learn to set personal and professional goals, and supports them in pursuing those goals.
- 100% of the proceeds from each candle supports their mission to help young moms, their kids, and our communities.
- Perfect for your mother-in-law who can never have enough candles and would do anything for her kids.
An artisanal lifestyle brand specializing in home goods and decor that aims to connect traditional beauty with the modern world.
- Terraklay was born out of the idea to create more meaningful opportunities for women artisans who have been mastering their craft for generations
- They believe that refined living does not need to come at the cost of hurting the planet or the people who craft the products.
- Perfect for your friend who is always looking for hand-made home decor and can’t put down architectural digest.
Tulia’s Artisan Gallery
A jewelry, decor, and gifts business on a mission to showcase high quality Colombian craftsmanship.
- Tulia’s, named after the owner’s grandmother, collaborates with master artisans who preserve and strengthen the diverse cultures of Colombia through their art. Most of their artisan partners are indigenous and Afro-Colombians internally displaced in Colombia.
- At least 5% of each sale is donated to the Maach Den Foundation in Colombia, which is dedicated to preserving cultural knowledge and traditions of the Wounaan Nonam people for the next generation.
- Perfect for your friend or relative that loves colorful and unique pieces and dreams of traveling the world.
There are plenty of other amazing brands at the pop-up shop, and if you can’t make it in person, you can find the full list online here.
In the spirit of giving, we are running a Thanksgiving Flash Sale at Taylor Tall, valid now through Tuesday, November 30th. Take 15% OFF of made to order pieces with code SHOPDIFFERENT15, and 10% of proceeds will be donated to Reclaim Collaborative—a community dedicated to building a better, more just fashion + lifestyle ecosystem.